07 October 2010

Green Enchilamies.

I wanted to share my recipe for Green Enchilamies with you (all 2 of you). They are crazy easy to make and I whipped up about 4 batches in 20 minutes. They freeze perfectly and please even picky eaters. Now, I cannot actually call them "enchiladas" because that would make my mom super mad! I grew up watching my mom make traditional enchiladas with corn tortillas, red sauce and lots of cheese. This recipe that I am sharing with you would not make the cut...too Americanized.

Makes 2 pans, about 16 enchiladas

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 large can Green Enchilada Sauce
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 cup chopped red onion
4 cups shredded cheese
1 package Flour Tortillas



Drain and rinse beans and corn. Put beans, corn, chilies, chicken and red onion into a large bowl. Add about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and stir together.


In each pan that you are using, put about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom and spread around to cover evenly. This will help them to not stick and keep everything moist and happy.


Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup bean/chicken mixture and a little cheese. Roll enchilada so that the open end of tortilla is facing down into the pan.


Once pans are full, pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Spread all around with hands to make sure that all the tortillas have been coated with sauce. The sauce should only fill up 1/4 to 1/2 of the pan from the bottom. Top with cheese.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. You want bubbly sauce and melty cheese. I like to serve with sour cream, cilantro and avocado.

Yum.

3 comments:

Mike, Robin & Bailey Cook said...

Um, that would be 3 readers....
Just wanted to say how glad I am you posted a recipe for those tortilla-bean-cheese loving' folks!!
Also go happy we were able to have a wonderful play sesh & mommy grown up time :) We miss those days!!

Kierstenyoung said...

ummm....flour = not on your diet? JK, looks great, I'll try it.

Bob and Emily said...

Yeah...so these = a giant belly ache for me. Not a pretty picture. I make these for the hubby and to bring over to friends :)